Getting in touch and what to expect:
As winter sets in, Yetminster Health Centre is busier than ever. During this busy time, we’d like to remind you about the ways you can get in touch with us if you need help – whether that’s for you or for someone you care for.
- Phone us on 01935872530
- Visit the practice reception
- Visit the practice’s website for information or to start an online consultation
- Use the NHS App to book an appointment or order a repeat prescription
- Go online to use the SystmOnline and/or Airmid services to access your medical records, medication, appointments and more.
Depending on your needs, we may offer you a consultation:
- By phone
- Face to face at the surgery or at an NHS service nearby with the appropriate healthcare professional
- Over a video call
- Or we may send you a text or email, for example to ask you for more information or a photograph.
By offering help in this range of ways we can be more flexible and often means a doctor, nurse or another health professional in our team can help you sooner.
We often talk about going online to contact us or using the NHS App to help manage your health.
Across the NHS and locally at [Practice Name] we have noticed that more of us are becoming more confident and more able to use technology to access online information.
We ask that patients who are digitally confident to get in touch with us online as this frees up the telephone lines for those who need to phone in.
If using our website, or the NHS App you will be asked for the same information; as someone who visits in person. Your query will be dealt with in the same timeframe, and you will still be able to have a face-to-face appointment with a health care professional if required.
Calling or visiting the reception:
We know that getting online can be difficult for some people and sometimes you might prefer to phone or call in to speak to our reception team.
It is always your choice which way you want to contact us. It doesn’t matter how you contact the practice – whether you get in touch by phone, in person or going online, we will help you get the care you need.