Are you looking after or providing support for a relative, friend, or neighbour? Are you being helped or supported by a relative, friend, or neighbour?
Your GP needs to know so you can be offered the right information, support, and access to services.
We try to support carers at the surgery in the following ways:
- you will be entitled to an annual flu vaccination
- we will try and offer you flexible / convenient appointments for you and the person that you care for to fit in with your caring responsibilities
- we will keep you up to date with information around groups and social events we run for our unpaid carers, as well as Community Support Services led events within our area that you may be interested in
- include you (with the consent of the person you care for) in the care and treatment of the cared for person, recognising you are the expert in their care needs
- give you information and signposting to other support services
GP surgeries have to compile information for the government about the numbers of carers attached to the surgery so your information will help them to do this.
Please complete the form below and return it to the surgery as soon as possible. Or you may wish to contact our Reception team and ask for an appointment with our Carers Caseworker (see above).